Pesticide Applicator Training

Do you plan on using a Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) AND produce an agricultural commodity on your property or your employer’s property?  If you answered yes to both of these questions, then you are a Private Applicator.

As a Private Applicator you have to receive training and certification to apply RUPs.  To receive training and certification, purchase and study the Private Applicator Training manual from your County Extension office and do one of the two options:

1) Go to your County Extension office and take the test for certification, or

2) Go to a training session offered by your County Extension Office and then complete the test at the end of the training.

Training in the General Farming Category and the Private Applicator test will be offered by Langlade County UW-Extension on February 18 and March 10 at the Resource Center across from the County Courthouse at 837 Clermont Street in Antigo. If interested, you must stop by the Extension office to register and pick up your training manual at least one week before the scheduled training session.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Langlade County UW- Extension Office at (715) 627-6236. Please note, you do NOT need to reside of Langlade County to participate in this program.

Source: Langlade County University of Wisconsin-Extension