Manufacturing Drives Economic Growth in Langlade County
Manufacturing is one of Langlade County’s top industry clusters — employing over 2,000 Langlade County residents and generating more economic activity than any other cluster in the region.
- Machine and Equipment manufacturing represents about 33% of the cluster.
- Rubber and Plastics manufacturing comprises about 16% of the cluster.
- Manufacturing in Langlade County has a higher multiplier effect than any other sector in the region. Every dollar of final sales in manufacturing generates $1.34 in economic activity throughout the rest of the region.
Why Manufacturers Choose Langlade County
Infrastructure. Incentives. Collaboration. Workforce Education.
Langlade County provides a robust support network that helps drive manufacturing success for local businesses.
- Affordable land, sites and buildings.
- An abundance of resources, manufacturing supplies and services.
- Collaborative manufacturing cluster.
- Reasonable property taxes.
- Hardworking, dedicated and skilled workforce.
- Proactive financing incentives offered by the City of Antigo.
- Comprehensive, customized advanced manufacturing training and through Northcentral Technical College in Antigo and Nicolet College in Rhinelander. Curriculums include machine tool, welding, heavy equipment maintenance, electrical maintenance, critical core manufacturing skills programs, customized training services, leadership and management development programs and incumbent employee training. Both institutions offer aggressive grant programs that help employer offset tuition costs.
Major Langlade County Manufacturers
Ace Equipment Company
Manufacturer of trash compactors, apartment compactors, self contained compactors, front load compactors and vertical balers. Equipment for solid waste and recycling material.
Amron-A division of AMTEC Corporation
The world’s leader in producing medium caliber cartridge cases. Amron manufactures brass, aluminum and steel cases, and other precision defense components utilizing a cold form, near-net shape process. We perform and control all forming, machining, and finishing processes, as well as all thermal treatments, in-house.
Antigo Neon, LLC offers designing and manufacturing of attractive, high-quality neon and LED signage.
Genesis Engineering & Manufacturing Corp.
Genesis Engineering & Mfg Corp are a custom metal fabrication and machining company, complete with Powder Coating and Assembly Services.
Innovative Industries Incorporated
Manufacturer of custom telescoping cargo handler for utility and recreational vehicles, homes and businesses across the nation.
Provides world-class bolted joint solutions and machining services to the power generation, oil and gas, industrial and aeronautics industries.
Johnson Electric Coil Company
Designers and manufacturers of custom transformers, auto transformers, chokes and inductors.
Preferred manufacturer of premium and specialty water.
World headquarters for the manufacturer of the world’s number one lure. Mepps produces over 4,000 exceptional hand assembled in-line fishing spinners and spoons.
Manufacturer of high quality, custom precision gearing and gearboxes serving the mining, oilfield, wind, transit and other industrial markets.
Manufactures high density polyethylene mesh materials used for the packaging, presentation, and protection of customer’s products.
Sartori is a fourth-generation family owned and operated company that specializes in the art of fine cheese making. Sartori cheeses has won over 100 awards, medals and ribbons at the most competitive and prestigious cheese contests and competitions around the globe.
Skarlupka Manufacturing Incorporated
Skarlupka Manufacturing is a second generation family owned manufacturer of equipment for the Material Handling Industry with over 40 years experience manufacturing OEM equipment for the postal and newspaper industry.
Superior Grinding Corporation
Manufactures parts for the Aerospace and Medical industries, providing honing, finishing, inspection and delivery services for customers.
Makes high-quality UPS, inverters, automatic voltage regulators, isolation line conditioners and automatic transfer switches for both indoor and outdoor applications.
Universal Trailer Incorporated
Designs and manufactures custom-built heavy duty material-handling trailers.
Offers a complete catalog of standard and customized bags and packaging, mesh fabric products for the food industry.
Waukesha Bearings-A Dover Company
Designer and manufacturer of engineered hydrodynamic bearings and magnetic bearing systems for high-performing turbomachinery in oil and gas, power generation, marine and industrial markets.